I am convinced we could live without a car. Granted, there are certain conveniences we would have to go without, but having given it some thought, I think going without a car would not be an unsolvable problem. Reading a post on AL6400 about the vehicle lifestyle got me thinking. I don’t think it’s a […]
In order to keep the content interesting and novel, I’ll be moving from a 5+1 posts a week to a more or less random schedule. Ahh, the luxury of a noncommercial blog
A better way of “growing” in a limited world is to increase quality. Make things better fitting, smaller, and more efficient instead of just making them bigger and more powerful. With that in mind, here are the best posts of April 2008. Making changes Row, row, row your boat — On the law of comparative […]
Buy the ERE book
- Eliminating heating bills and cutting down on heating costs
- Tenouchi and appropriate action
- How to live out of a suitcase
- The biggest blogging mistake I ever made …
- How to save money on milk
- The Mini-minimum wardrobe
- Don’t wash your clothes every day
- The art of waiting
- Are you suffering from careerism?
- Productivity and the Goose that laid the Golden Eggs
Most popular posts
- Manifesto How I became financially independent in 5 years How I live on $7,000 per year Can I retire young? Why so few succeed My list of financial freedom books My 4 hour work week How little do you need to retire? Cash flow diagrams for the poor, the middle class, and the investor class Stranger in a strange land The minimalist kitchen Myths and the future How to live out of a suitcase Podcast: I got interviewed Survival Podcast interview
Other posts of interest
- Speeding and transportation
- Running as transportation
- The psychological requirements for going the distance
- Reader longevity – time to come out of the woodworks?
- How to pick a commuter bike
- A few things you can do to optimize your bicycle ride
- Book store test — are the books there?
- What’s the most economically inefficient gadget you own?
- How to succeed in school without really learning anything
- Bicycle commuting
- What early retirement means when you’re too young to retire
- My Early Retirement Plan
- Do I have to live in an RV to retire extremely early?
- My commute is awesome
- Watch repair
Disclaimer / CYA
- The information in this blog is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The blog owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog.
- Imran | Xomba in The Mini-minimum wardrobe
- Nick | Milliona… in How to save money on milk
- Shobir | Find S… in Eliminating heating bills and cutti…
- s89799 in Tenouchi and appropriate action
- Imran | Xomba in How to save money on milk
- Nick | Milliona… in The biggest blogging mistake I ever…
- Shobir | Find S… in How to live out of a suitcase
- Lucas in How to save money on milk
- Dave in How to save money on milk
- Weekly review: … in Living like a student
- Housing Questions • Re: Tiny House Rentals/Village. Instant Semi or Full ERE?
- Introduce Yourself • Re: stand@desk opener
- Introduce Yourself • Re: Hello From Florida
- Introduce Yourself • Re: Token Australian Here
- ERE Journals • Re: lilac's journal
- Miscellaneous • Re: The Onion- ERE Resource?
- ERE Journals • Re: FocusPocus journal
- Housing Questions • Tiny House Rentals/Village. Instant Semi or Full ERE?
- Resources & Recommended Reading • Re: How Men & Women Are Wired Differently
- Miscellaneous • Re: Favourite EREisms
- Work & Education • Re: Academia and Rudeness
- Transportation Questions • Re: Too Good To Pass Up?
21 day makeover
- Day 1: Finding a place to live Day 2: Decluttering and managing stuff Day 3: Grocery shopping Day 4: Drop the cell phone plan Day 5: Find a free hobby Day 6: Clothes Day 7: Going car free Day 8: Get engaged! Day 9: Budgeting Day 10: Calculating net worth Day 11: Connecting your stuff with your neighbors Day 12: Establishing a savings account Day 13: Insurance Day 14: Investing for early retirement – Part 1 Day 15: The first two weeks of the make over Day 16: The stuff you actually keep and use Day 17: Maintaining and repairing things Day 18: Join a challenge Day 19: Getting rid of your TV (addiction) Day 20: Own classics Day 21: Investing for early retirement – Part 2
- Beyond Growth
- Brave New Life
- Crowdsourced FIRE sim
- Daniel Suelo
- Free at 45
- Frugal Retirement Living
- Lacking Ambition
- Mr Money Mustache
- New Escapologist
- Of Two Minds
- One Hundred Dollars a Month
- Retired Syd
- Rob Evolves
- Simple Living in Suffolk
- The Spartan Student
- To Simplify