I am convinced we could live without a car. Granted, there are certain conveniences we would have to go without, but having given it some thought, I think going without a car would not be an unsolvable problem. Reading a post on AL6400 about the vehicle lifestyle got me thinking. I don’t think it’s a […]
In order to keep the content interesting and novel, I’ll be moving from a 5+1 posts a week to a more or less random schedule. Ahh, the luxury of a noncommercial blog
A better way of “growing” in a limited world is to increase quality. Make things better fitting, smaller, and more efficient instead of just making them bigger and more powerful. With that in mind, here are the best posts of April 2008. Making changes Row, row, row your boat — On the law of comparative […]
Buy the ERE book
- In praise of idleness
- Personality psychology and early retirement resistance
- Corrupted personal finance word of the day: Sacrifice
- Saying “NO” to fitting in
- Using baking soda for brushing teeth
- The engineering triangle of financial independence
- Scientists vs engineers, a postmodern perspective
- Random musings on biotic potentials and interest rates
- How I’m now getting books, CDs, and DVDs without paying for them
- Hands-on substitute exercise for cable TV
Most popular posts
- Manifesto How I became financially independent in 5 years How I live on $7,000 per year Can I retire young? Why so few succeed My list of financial freedom books My 4 hour work week How little do you need to retire? Cash flow diagrams for the poor, the middle class, and the investor class Stranger in a strange land The minimalist kitchen Myths and the future How to live out of a suitcase Podcast: I got interviewed Survival Podcast interview
- Brave New Life
- Canadian Dream: Free at 45
- Crowdsourced FIRE sim
- Daniel Suelo
- FI Fighter
- Frugal Retirement Living
- Go Curry Cracker!
- Ken Ilgunas
- Lacking Ambition
- Mr Money Mustache
- New Escapologist
- Of Two Minds
- Radical Personal Finance podcast
- Retire by 40
- Retired Syd
- Root of Good
- Simple Living in Suffolk
- The Archdruid Report
- To Simplify
- Walden Effect
- Where The Coconuts Grow
Disclaimer / CYA
- The information in this blog/forum is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The site owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog/forum does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog/forum you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog/forum.
- Lifestyle Questions • Best sun hat? Aesthetic & function
- Lifestyle Questions • Re: Walking as Transportation
- ERE Journals • Re: Quadalupe's Journey and Journal
- DIY Skills Questions • Summer: Making your own suncreen!
- Work & Education • Re: Your best guidelines for a successful interview?
- Lifestyle Questions • Re: Often it's easier to find than to intrigue?
- Lifestyle Questions • Often it's easier to find than to intrigue?
- Lifestyle Questions • Re: Biking 20 miles for work...
- Money Questions • Re: Social Security; higher payout for lower income?
- Work & Education • Your best guidelines for a successful interview?
- Lifestyle Questions • Re: ERE Escargot, Anyone?
- Lifestyle Questions • Re: Break Up with Girlfriend Over Refusing to Loan Her Money
21 day makeover
- Day 1: Finding a place to live Day 2: Decluttering and managing stuff Day 3: Grocery shopping Day 4: Drop the cell phone plan Day 5: Find a free hobby Day 6: Clothes Day 7: Going car free Day 8: Get engaged! Day 9: Budgeting Day 10: Calculating net worth Day 11: Connecting your stuff with your neighbors Day 12: Establishing a savings account Day 13: Insurance Day 14: Investing for early retirement – Part 1 Day 15: The first two weeks of the make over Day 16: The stuff you actually keep and use Day 17: Maintaining and repairing things Day 18: Join a challenge Day 19: Getting rid of your TV (addiction) Day 20: Own classics Day 21: Investing for early retirement – Part 2