It is impossible to define what best means accurately. Do we rate it by popularity or rarity? By quantitative measures or qualitative measures? By importance or timeliness? It is almost as hard to define as success. Was ERE a success in 2008? To me there is only one way to define success. Getting up each [...]
With the coming new year, the air is buzzing with resolutions (see here, here, here, here, here, and here — it seems that things have gotten quite goal-oriented in the pf blogosphere this year). Now as for me, I never understood the point of making resolutions simply because it was a specific date. Then again, [...]
Come on! What else did you think day 13 in the makeover was going to be about? On day 12, several people mentioned the importance of an emergency fund, so with that idea so firmly ingrained, it should be easy to get the insurance issue out of the way. An emergency fund is essentially a [...]
Buy the ERE book
- Not enjoying life in extreme early retirement?
- Early Retirement Portfolios
- How rich do you really need to be?
- Magic The Gathering and Lifestyle Design
- Market professionals and market efficiency
- Stoicism vs (Zen) Buddhism — preliminary conclusions
- Economic foundations — think about it
- Great post, I agree, and other common blog comments
- The disappearance of the middle class
- More about the book
Most popular posts
- Manifesto How I became financially independent in 5 years How I live on $7,000 per year Can I retire young? Why so few succeed My list of financial freedom books My 4 hour work week How little do you need to retire? Cash flow diagrams for the poor, the middle class, and the investor class Stranger in a strange land The minimalist kitchen Myths and the future How to live out of a suitcase Podcast: I got interviewed Survival Podcast interview
Other posts of interest
- Most popular posts
- Backlinks to earlyretirementextreme.com
- The best posts of the first half of 2009
- My Early Retirement Plan
- The great book title survey
- Why financial independence part I – Early motivations
- The best posts of 2009
- Quantifying success
- My Early Retirement Story
- A way out for a young lawyer
- Escaping the “9 to 5″ before 25
- The three methods of finance, when enough is enough
- Traveling around the world after ERE
- Retiring early on $500,000
- Time to be proactive about a possible recession – 2 years later
Disclaimer / CYA
- The information in this blog is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The blog owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog.
- hector_garza in What is freedom?
- lookingforcheap… in Health insurance for extreme early …
- Jenae in How we found a place to park and li…
- Jenae beck in How we found a place to park and li…
- Fred in Stoicism vs (Zen) Buddhism --- prel…
- cgmorton in Blog Action Day: Climate Change
- Chrismooretx in Day 4: Drop the cell phone plan
- cgmorton in Blog Action Day: Climate Change
- Myakka in Stoicism vs (Zen) Buddhism --- prel…
- Steven J Fromm in Can I retire with 2 million dollars…
- Felix on "Help with Blog Name"
- chenda on "Help with Blog Name"
- bluejoey on "Anxiety about money and buying property"
- bluejoey on "Working culture in Korea"
- spoonman on "Working culture in Korea"
- BeyondtheWrap on "Anxiety about money and buying property"
- Chad on "Working culture in Korea"
- aussierogue on "Working culture in Korea"
- thebbqguy on "Help with Blog Name"
- C40 on "Anxiety about money and buying property"
- JamesR on "Help with Blog Name"
- m741 on "Help with Blog Name"
21 day makeover
- Day 1: Finding a place to live Day 2: Decluttering and managing stuff Day 3: Grocery shopping Day 4: Drop the cell phone plan Day 5: Find a free hobby Day 6: Clothes Day 7: Going car free Day 8: Get engaged! Day 9: Budgeting Day 10: Calculating net worth Day 11: Connecting your stuff with your neighbors Day 12: Establishing a savings account Day 13: Insurance Day 14: Investing for early retirement – Part 1 Day 15: The first two weeks of the make over Day 16: The stuff you actually keep and use Day 17: Maintaining and repairing things Day 18: Join a challenge Day 19: Getting rid of your TV (addiction) Day 20: Own classics Day 21: Investing for early retirement – Part 2
- Beyond Growth
- Brave New Life
- Daniel Suelo
- Free at 45
- Frugal Retirement Living
- Investing For A Living
- Lacking Ambition
- Mr Money Mustache
- New Escapologist
- Of Two Minds
- One Hundred Dollars a Month
- Our Take on Freedom
- Retired Syd
- Rob Evolves
- Simple Living in Suffolk
- The Online investing AI Blog
- The Spartan Student
- To Simplify