As any college student knows, using cliche based material in a drinking game is a great excuse to get drunk, and what better way to find cliches than reading about lifestyle design, since these days pretty much every lifestyle is a design except of course those icky conventional ones that we are all trying to [...]
It goes like this Month after month after month after month … Do you want to know more?
I just stumbled on an interesting post over at Moneymonk with a title suggesting that money only exists to be spent. I disagree. I think money also serves to delineate the wealthy from the broke. To reiterate the definitions: wealthy means having having enough money to buy everything you want (I’m wealthy), broke means not [...]
Buy the ERE book
- Not enjoying life in extreme early retirement?
- The true cost of coffee addiction
- Early Retirement Portfolios
- How rich do you really need to be?
- Magic The Gathering and Lifestyle Design
- Market professionals and market efficiency
- Stoicism vs (Zen) Buddhism — preliminary conclusions
- Economic foundations — think about it
- Great post, I agree, and other common blog comments
- The disappearance of the middle class
Most popular posts
- Manifesto How I became financially independent in 5 years How I live on $7,000 per year Can I retire young? Why so few succeed My list of financial freedom books My 4 hour work week How little do you need to retire? Cash flow diagrams for the poor, the middle class, and the investor class Stranger in a strange land The minimalist kitchen Myths and the future How to live out of a suitcase Podcast: I got interviewed Survival Podcast interview
Other posts of interest
- Making money blogging about lifestyle design
- Subscribe to ALL comments via RSS
- The danger of outgrowing your lifestyle
- Hello new readers!
- Does retiring early lead to a shorter lifespan?
- Three plugins to boost your blog traffic by 50%
- Reader longevity – time to come out of the woodworks?
- The biggest blogging mistake I ever made …
- Latest blog finds
- What cycling taught me about personal finance
- A new metric for blog rankings
- The operations behind the blog, forum, and book
- Optimizing blogging with S-curves
- After the writing is done …
- Ambition — is it all about the money?
Disclaimer / CYA
- The information in this blog is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The blog owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog.
- hector_garza in What is freedom?
- lookingforcheap… in Health insurance for extreme early …
- Jenae in How we found a place to park and li…
- Jenae beck in How we found a place to park and li…
- Fred in Stoicism vs (Zen) Buddhism --- prel…
- cgmorton in Blog Action Day: Climate Change
- Chrismooretx in Day 4: Drop the cell phone plan
- cgmorton in Blog Action Day: Climate Change
- Myakka in Stoicism vs (Zen) Buddhism --- prel…
- Steven J Fromm in Can I retire with 2 million dollars…
- Felix on "Help with Blog Name"
- chenda on "Help with Blog Name"
- bluejoey on "Anxiety about money and buying property"
- bluejoey on "Working culture in Korea"
- spoonman on "Working culture in Korea"
- BeyondtheWrap on "Anxiety about money and buying property"
- Chad on "Working culture in Korea"
- aussierogue on "Working culture in Korea"
- thebbqguy on "Help with Blog Name"
- C40 on "Anxiety about money and buying property"
- JamesR on "Help with Blog Name"
- m741 on "Help with Blog Name"
21 day makeover
- Day 1: Finding a place to live Day 2: Decluttering and managing stuff Day 3: Grocery shopping Day 4: Drop the cell phone plan Day 5: Find a free hobby Day 6: Clothes Day 7: Going car free Day 8: Get engaged! Day 9: Budgeting Day 10: Calculating net worth Day 11: Connecting your stuff with your neighbors Day 12: Establishing a savings account Day 13: Insurance Day 14: Investing for early retirement – Part 1 Day 15: The first two weeks of the make over Day 16: The stuff you actually keep and use Day 17: Maintaining and repairing things Day 18: Join a challenge Day 19: Getting rid of your TV (addiction) Day 20: Own classics Day 21: Investing for early retirement – Part 2
- Beyond Growth
- Brave New Life
- Daniel Suelo
- Free at 45
- Frugal Retirement Living
- Investing For A Living
- Lacking Ambition
- Mr Money Mustache
- New Escapologist
- Of Two Minds
- One Hundred Dollars a Month
- Our Take on Freedom
- Retired Syd
- Rob Evolves
- Simple Living in Suffolk
- The Online investing AI Blog
- The Spartan Student
- To Simplify