I have had a couple of requests for a an ERE oriented workshop or a talk. I know that some of my colleagues give talks at libraries or meet at cafes, etc. for that purpose. I also know that many prefer a more hands-on approach or are motivated by meeting people face to face. Does this have general interest?
- Would you be interested in attending a workshop?
- Could you actually make it to a workshop? (San Francisco area). If not, could you arrange it somewhere else and gather enough people to pay my ticket?
- Would you be willing to pay anything for it? If so, give a non-binding figure of dollars/day, just so I can get an idea. [Figure that the amount of preparatory work I am going to put into it has some correlation with the payout. Obviously I can wing it for free 😉 ]
- Would you go for the SWAG (stuff we all get) e.g. an exclusive ebook or something like that?
- How about simple meet ups, e.g. no talk but simply Q&A or “networking”?
Let me know in the comments.
Just to be clear I am currently working on a “real” book. The regular procedure for non-fiction is to submit a proposal and a few sample chapters, but I very quickly realized that this was not going to work—the current version looks absolutely nothing like the initial disposition. Hence, I took on the process of writing the entire book before submitting it.
eBooks (or other books) would follow later. Right now I have my [creative] hands too full with the book and the blog.
Originally posted 2010-02-09 14:34:25.