In reality, what happens happens. However, once an observer or an agent is introduced, the agent will try to model, mold, or change reality. Any modeling or molding of reality has known-knowns, known-unknows, unknown-knowns, and unknown-unknowns (Read more here). Known-knowns follow from certitude. Unknown-knowns follow from incompetence. Risk deals with uncertainty in the form of known-unknowns, which are usually handled statistically, and unknown-unknowns or so-called black swans. With that in mind, I proudly present The Cavalcade of Risk #49.
- Dorian Wales presents Long Term Investments Are Not Risk Free: The Fallacy of Large Numbers and the Past Decade in Us Stock Markets posted at Personal Financier
- Charles H. Green presents Great Moments in Self-Regulation: Financial Planners and CFP Board posted at Trust Matters.
FINANCE (BEAR STEARNS)
- Leon Gettler presents The Bear Stearns fallout and a solution posted at Sox First.
- Jeffrey Miller presents The Fed and Bear Stearns Collateral: Back Door Buying of Mortgage Securities posted at A Dash of Insight.
- Debbie presents Take the Necessary Steps to Save on Auto Insurance posted at American Consumer News.
- Ernesto TIG presents Health Insurance for Adult Children | InsuranceYak.com posted at InsuranceYak.com.
- Bob Vineyard, CLU presents Right and Wrong posted at InsureBlog.
- Jason Shafrin presents Medicare Advantage funding to be cut posted at Healthcare Economist.
- FIRE Finance presents Wild Fire Disaster – Insurance and Preparation! posted at FIRE Finance.
- Mortgage Helper presents Private Mortgage Insurance vs. Combo Loans posted at Mortgage Tips and Credit Help.